Sid Lucero Twitter Announcement: I'm done with gay roles!

Advertisements

Award-winning actor Sid Lucero has made a big announcement last night with regards to his showbiz career.

Sid announced that he's not gonna do gay films anymore...as in he'll never ever do gay roles again.

"Official Announcement: As of today onwards I will no longer take on anymore gay films. I've done enough no more na please," he posted on Twitter.

It's indeed one big decision for the hottest "Eigenmann" today who has portrayed gay roles at least 5 times, mostly in indie films.

He played "gay" in the indie film "Siquijor: The Mystic Island" and in his first mainstream film "Manay Po 2: Overload".

Sid also gone gay and did steamy kissing scenes with Emilio Garcia in "Selda" which earned him awards and nominations. The film gave him an Urian Best Actor trophy, another one from the Gawad Tanglaw and even an international recognition, a Best Actor honor from the Thessaloniki International Film Festival in Greece.

His announcement is also a surprise especially that he recently appeared in his gayest role ever for "Muli" opposite Cogie Domingo and it was screened at the Cinemalaya 2010 as part of the NETPAC entries.

Also a day before, Sid starred as a call boy / masahista in a touching episode of MMK on ABS-CBN. Though he's not actually gay there, it's labeled under "gay role" just like his gigolo role in the indie film "Tambolista" with Coco Martin.

Sid got good reviews for both "Muli" and that MMK's "Pinwheel" episode, and most people were in the midst of congratulating him for his performances when he made the Twitter announcement.

He later apologized to some of his followers on Twitter but analyzing his tweet, obviously he abhors the idea of going gay again. "Apologies to my followers who enjoy my gay roles, but I feel I've done so many na nakakasawa na. I don't get challenged by them anymore. I want another challenge. Tapos na ang chapter sa gay roles. Iba naman!"

Sid revealed he wants variety. He likes to try intelligent roles, fantasy roles and even action. "I love roles when I'm the bad guy," he said, probably, just like his role in "Dahil May Isang Ikaw". (Effectively, he had me hate him there)

Gay comedian Chokoleit, Sid's co-star in "Ligaw na Bulaklak", jokingly responded to his tweet. He said, "I feel for you @SidLucero. Ako din sawa na sa "Gay" roles! Syado nako na type cast! Kelan kaya ulit straight role ko like in Ligaw na Bulaklak?"

About M.I.

Mykiru is an entertainment blogger, having been named as one of the Top 10 Pinoy Showbiz Resources in the Philippines. For a decade now, Mykiru.ph has been delivering the latest, the hottest and most trending issues in the country.
Comments

0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment